Thursday, October 24, 2013

21-Day Sugar Detox

Do you see this beautiful bright cookbook?!?!?

I might be a huge fan of Diane Sanfilippo from Balanced Bites. Zach and I were trying to go "Paleo" a while back and somehow Zach was able to receive a free copy of her book Practical Paleo. I loved that book from the moment I laid eyes on it. I wanted to try every recipe in the book. Well, we didn't get to all the recipes but we put a big dent in them. We bought Practical Paleo for several people and we know several people who have bought the book after we talked to them about it or after they borrowed ours.

When I saw that Diane was coming out with a new book, I had to get my hands on it. Her website Balanced Bites is also known for the 21-Day Sugar Detox. Thankfully, Diane decided to make this into a book. I saw that there is a special instructions for nursing mothers. I just had a son 4 1/2 months ago and I am a very active nursing mother. 

In this book, 21-Day Sugar Detox, I love how she includes special instructions in the book for nursing mothers, people who are very active, autoimmune health conditions, a quiz to help you pick which level you need to follow, yes and no foods, and even a dining out section to help you stay on the plan while out on the town.

Diane has put in a lot of work and research into this book. The way she writes really helps you understand the science behind the foods we eat and how they affect the body. 

I have tried several recipes from the 21-Day Sugar Detox and let me just tell you.... 

They are DELICIOUS!!!! 

I posted these pictures to our Instagram and Facebook page TheCave101. 

Green Apple Breakfast Sausage

Buffalo Chicken Egg Muffins 

Moo-less Chocolate Mousse 

Coco-Monkey Smoothie 

Is your mouth watering yet?!?!?  Yes, there are even "not-sweet" treats in the 21-Day Sugar Detox. She is very creative in finding ways to sweeten treats without sugar, honey, dates or anything else you might usually sweeten treats with. 

I have never done any sort of detox, mainly because I am opposed to the popular 3 or 5 day liquid detoxes. I love how this is a full 21 days of scheduled meals and teaching the body what it really needs. It takes 21 days for something to become a habit. I am starting my 21 days on November 1st. I will (try) to post daily of what I ate, how I feel, how I  am sleeping at night, etc. 

Bottom line- 
If you are tired of that sugar monster or those blood sugar dips throughout the day, pre-order your book HERE. Yes, you can get this book on Kindle but I highly recommend getting it in paperback. Her books are so in depth and just all around beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment