Friday, November 8, 2013

21-DSD Days 4-7

Day 4: I took the day off to take my son in to see the doctor. I know when I am just sitting at home that I just want to snack. Thankfully, we didn't have anything for me to snack on. It was a pretty low key day and I managed to squeeze in a little R&R while my son was napping. 

Day 5: First day back to my normal work schedule- wake at 2:45 a.m., work from 4:15 a.m. to 1 p.m., pick up my little man, come home and get all the bottles/pump stuff washed and ready for the next day. I was worried that I was going to be dragging all day but actually, I felt pretty good. The only time I would start to drag would be when it was time for  me to eat. Knox is usually in bed between 6-7 p.m. and I am right behind him. I try my hardest to get a least 8 hours every night. 

Day 6: I woke up at 1:45 a.m., usually I am not able to go back to sleep. I passed back out and was sleeping hard when my alarm went off at 2:45 a.m. I got up for work wasn't feeling sluggish, taught a body sculpt class at 6 a.m, once again felt very good all day but would start feeling a little sluggish when it was getting close to the time I was going to eat. Around 2:30 p.m. I really started fading but it was only because I sat down to nurse Knox but as soon as I got up and moving again I was fine. I slept pretty well that night.

Day 7:  Same schedule, up super early, work and then home. I was pretty slow at work so it made it harder on me. My energy level was on the lower side but I pushed through it. 

So far so good! I haven't weighed since the first day but I am feeling great, not bloated, more energy than I expected, I feel that my face is clearing up a little, and I am sleeping pretty well. I can't believe how "easy" the first week was. I hope this continues over the next two weeks. 

So, on to the food. We experimented with some of the condiments in the book. They are pretty darn delicious!

Healthy Homemade Mayonnaise

Simple Marinara

Sweetener-Free Ketchup
This is before we blended it in the food processor, that's why its so chunky.

We, also, made the Cinnamon Grilled Pork Chops. I fried two eggs to go with mine along with broccoli and kraut!

Perfectly Grilled Chicken Breast salad with Healthy Homemade Mayonnaise drizzled on top! 
YUM!

Apple Streusel Egg Muffins
P.S. These ^^^ were so good!!!

I am starting day 8 today. I will be traveling to my home town to stay with my parents. My family is very supportive in my food choices so I am not worried that I won't be able to stay on track. 

1 week down - 2 weeks to go!

Slaying that sugar monster one day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment