Monday, November 25, 2013

21 DSD: Days 17-21

The last few days were a little tough. Not because I was craving a piece of dark chocolate or because I was getting close to being done. One night, our dogs kept us up what felt like ALL.NIGHT.LONG and then another night Knox (our 5 month old, who has been sleeping all night since he was 3 months old decided to be a little rebellious and wake up several times. So, needless to say, I was a zombie a few days in a row. Thankfully, I made it through it without having any sugar craving or cheat meals. 

Zach and I try our hardest to try as many of the recipes out of the book that we could. No, I did not go exactly by the meal plan in the book but that is the great thing about it. You eat whatever you want as long as it follows the "rules" for the level that you are on. 

Here are a few things that we ate on during the last week...

Bacon and Root Veggie Hash from the book. If you haven't made this yet, you should! Delicious!!!

One thing you might not know about me is... I love breakfast! This Tomato-Basil Quiche with Bacon is another wonderful recipe from the book! Try it!

One night, Zach breaded some boneless, skinless chicken thighs in coconut flour and then pan-seared them in coconut oil and then finished them off in the oven. So, so tasty!!

One of my favorite cookie recipes is from JenComasKeck. Her Chewy Choco Chip Cookies are delicious. I took out the sweetener and used green tipped bananas instead of ripe ones, I added 100% dark chocolate and chopped pecans. They might not be the prettiest things but they are loaded with flavor!

Our last night on the detox, Zach baked boneless, skinless chicken thighs, roasted carrots and green onions and garlic mashed potatoes. It was a great ending to the 21 days. 

The detox was no where near as hard as I thought it was going to be. I had great support to cheer me through the 21 days!

Final review....

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment