Saturday, November 16, 2013

21-DSD: Days 8-16

Wow, I have been a slacker on blogging! Let's get caught up...

Day 8: I was off this Friday. Knox and I just hung out at the house that morning... cleaning, packing, he napped a little, I was able to get in a quick workout in and then once Zach got home we headed my hometown. Greenwood, Ms, small delta town, where everybody knows everybody. My family went to a small catfish and steak house. I have never liked catfish but I do love a steak! Side options are limited but I got a side salad with no dressing and a baked potato with butter. I literally devoured that steak, potato and salad within minutes. It was delicious!

Day 9: I brought some of the fresh farm eggs I buy from a friend every week to my parents house. I got up and cooked bacon, my mom had some left over steak, and eggs for breakfast. Who doesn't love a 3 meat breakfast?!?! I was pretty tired this day. Knox was sleeping in his pack-n-play in our room so, of course, every time he moved I woke up. It was also a very dreary day and that wasn't helping my tiredness. My mom, sister and I went to one of the famous local restaurants, Crystal Grill. If you are ever in Greenwood, please check this place out. It never disappoints! I got the broiled chicken (dark meat), side salad and a baked potato. Very, very good! Mid afternoon we headed back home to Jackson. We always stop at the same gas station that sells smoked meats. I had some smoked chicken wings and a granny smith apple. Pretty good for road food!

Day 10: Our friends were in town and since we didn't get to hang out with them on Saturday we decided to meet them for breakfast on their way out of town. I got the Farmer's Scramble (full of mushrooms, onions, bell peppers with no cheese) and breakfast potatoes. I politely declined the side of toast but they always seem to ignore your request in hopes to sabotage you. I just pushed it to the side. Thankfully, toast isn't really a temptation for me anymore. The rest of the day was running a few errands and then heading home to get ready for the day. 

Days 11-15: These are all pretty much the same. Up bright and early for work, I eat pretty much the same thing at work all week so nothing spectacular. My energy was pretty good all week. Sleep was pretty good. 

Day 16: Pretty low key day. Got up early and took Knox to my sister's house so he could play with my niece. He loves watching her every move. We went out to eat for lunch and I got a double meat meal that included grilled chicken, steak, steamed broccoli, and mashed potatoes (the sweet potatoes were not ready yet). Very good and I had the two most handsome lunch dates anyone could ask for. ;)


So, here is a little of what we have been eating over the past week...

I eat breakfast a lot for supper...
Eggs, kale and peppers, bacon, potatoes and 21-DSD Savory Herb Drop Biscuits.

We had a few very chilly mornings this week so Zach decided to make Bittersweet Hot Cocoa from the 21-DSD book.

Here is a better picture of the Savory Herb Drop Biscuits.
These are delicious!!!!!

 Meatza!!!! This recipe is in the book. I LOVED this! It was so good!

With the left over biscuits we made bacon and egg sandwiches. Yum, yum, yum!!

Not the best picture but this is Granny Smith Apple Crumble. Once again, DELICIOUS!!! 

Breakfast again but this time we made the Pumpkin Pancakes with Vanilla Bean Coconut Butter. I love her pumpkin pancakes from her first cookbook so I was very excited to see these in the book.

These are inspired by the Buffalo Chicken Egg muffins from the book. I call these: Kitchen Sink Egg Muffins. Kale, peppers, bacon and country style ribs. 

One more picture...
Nutty Baked Apples. Gorgeous and delicious!!!


I can't believe we are on the home stretch of this detox. Just a few more days!!!!

Are you on the 21-DSD? If so, drop us a line and let us know what day you are on and how your detox is going.

Happy Saturday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment